In this extensive Runner’s Tribe series the world’s best ultra and trail runners share their training. Every few days we will be posting a new athletes’ weekly program during a peak training period. First off the bat is two-time (2017 & 2019) Skyrunner World Series winner, Sheila Avilés Castaño.
- Home Town: Santa Margarida de montbui (Barcelona) Spain.
- Favourite Trails: Livigno, Dolomites, Montserrat…
- Favourite Race: Livigno skyrace, Montserrat skyrace, Buff epic trail, zacup skyrace…
- Best Result to Date: 2 times winner circuit of skyrunning world series (2017 and 2019) and 3th position in World Championship in Portugal (2019)
- Sponsors: Adidas TERREX
- Occupation (if not only a pro runner): Pro runner and coach
- Instagram handle: https://www.
- Facebook handle: https://www.facebook.com/
View this post on Instagram
WEEK TRAINING PLAN- 1 MONTH BEFORE A MARATHON RACE
- MONDAY: REST or 40′ with elliptical
- Tuesday: 2h10 in easy trail and 10′ warm up 4 x ( 20′ 150-160 + 10′ 165-175).
- WEDNESDAY: morning: 1h easy cycling (fasting) afternoon: Sets in downhills- 10′ warm up + 6 repetition x 5′ (3:45min/km) rest easy uphills.
- THURSDAY: morning: strength afternoon: 2h easy cycling with positives + slopes
- FRIDAY: R E S T and recovery
- SATURDAY: 4h cycling with good cadency
- SUNDAY: morning: 40 easy run (fasting) afternoon; 2h in Montserrat (techicals trails).